As Digital Advertising industry emerging strongly flash-based ads are getting outdated.
As we have discussed the disadvantages of Flash in my previous Article
There are many factors that can affect any ad if we built the creative in Flash.
Due to its security and lack of ability to adapt/responsive nature HTML5 become next thing.
With Google Chrome latest version where they will disable the flash by default and Firefox discontinuing its support for flash It’s become necessary steps for Ad industry and third-party creative agency to start creating the ads in HTML5.
- Go to Firefox browser >>Paste this about:add ons
- Select Plugins section
- Check for Shockwave Flash and select it as "Never Activate"
- Once you do that now try to preview the creative.
- If creative is not previewing or showing backup image it means Ad is built-in Flash and not in HTML5.
- Type chrome: plugins in the address bar to open the Plug-ins page.
- On the Plug-ins page that appears, find the "Flash" listing.
- Disable Adobe Flash Player completely; click the Disable link under its name.
Free HTML5 Creative built tools
- It’s simple Flash to HTML5 converter that helps make SWF files available to a larger audience.
- Google Swiffy is a web-based tool developed by Google that converts SWF files to HTML5. Its main goal is to display Flash contents on devices that do not support Flash, such as iPhone, iPad, and Android Tablets.
- It support SWF10, AS2.0, AS3.0
Converts Flash To HTML5 With Adobe Wallaby
- Install the Adobe Extension Manager
- You'll need to have the Adobe Extension Manager installed to add the Google Swiffy extension.
- Download and open the Google Swiffy Extension
- Opening the Google Swiffy Extension (MXP file) will launch the Adobe Extension Manager, and give you options to install it. Export as HTML5
- Once your project is ready for export, you can use the new "Export as HTML5 (Swiffy)" menu item in the "Commands" menu. Swiffy will convert your file and open it in a new browser window using your default browser. You can assign a keyboard shortcut to make exporting easier.View the Output panel
- Use Flabaco (Flash Banner Converter) beta to convert Flash content to HTML5 video. This makes your website's rich media content viewable on non-flash devices such as the iPad and iPhone.
- Users don't require plugins in order to view the converted flash media and it works seamlessly from your website
- All you need to do is submit a Swf file for conversion, and embed the converted video files into your website.