Here We Highlights The Differences Between AdMob and Ad Manager 360
So you’re a publisher, and you’re trying to find the best way to monetize your platform. You’ve done your research and come down to one straightforward question: “AdMob or Ad Manager 360, what should I choose?” Although the answer is never always as simple and obvious as black and white, it does swing heavily in each direction depending on your monetization strategy, publishing platform, and where you intend to go with your publishing journey.
AdMob and what it does for you ?
According to Google’s support desk, AdMob is a mobile ad network and monetization platform for mobile developers. That is if the developers are looking to earn a bit of money from ads while gaining insights. Analysis like this allows them to make informed decisions and grow their app business.
By helping app developers serve ads globally, AdMob as a network assists developers in monetizing their mobile apps. From a monetization point of view, AdMob helps developers maximize ad revenue across all of their third-party network partners. That is if they work with multiple ad networks
When is AdMob for you?
With all of the available options for mobile developers, it’s essential to understand when an ad network works in your favor. In this instance, AdMob is for you if you need the following:
A strong level of control for brand safety. AdMob provides access to incredibly high-performing mobile app ad formats specifically for this purpose.
- If you are looking to maximize your ad revenue across Google and third-party networks, then AdMob is for you. This is thanks to its waterfall mediation and bidding use.
- An in-depth understanding of your ad performance and the user engagement it generates. AdMob utilizes Google Analytics for Firebase for this exact purpose.
- If you want to streamline the day-to-day tasks of being an app publisher, look no further! Thanks to automated tools like Ad Network Optimization, you can click “play” and enjoy the journey while the work is done for you.
- A solution that balances your in-app purchases and all of your ads-based revenue streams. Usually, this is in accordance to your users’ behavior is available thanks to tools like Smart Segmentation.
If these elements are what you are looking for in an ad network as a mobile developer, then AdMob may be a perfect choice. As a platform, AdMob helps stream your ad revenue journey as an in-app advertiser.
Ad Manager 360 and all of its capabilities
Google Ad Manager is for the big guys; at least, this is the underlying sentiment concerning who should be using this specific ad management platform. If you’re a large publisher that derives significant revenue from direct sales, then Ad Manager 360 is your perfect fit.
By providing a granular level of controls and supporting various ad networks and exchanges, Ad Manager is a publisher’s dream with its ability to support AdSense, Ad Exchange, third-party networks, and third-party exchanges on one centralized ad management platform.
When is Ad Manager 360 for you?
Suppose you’re a large publisher looking to have more control over your revenue and are looking for almost molecular-level insights for your content and user engagement. In that case, Ad Manager 360 is for you, but if you were looking for more reasons as to why Ad Manager 360 could be the perfect fit for you and your publishing efforts, take a look at the list below for more information as to when Ad Manager 360 would be the best fit for you.
- If you need a central place to monetize all the types of inventory possible (websites, mobile apps, videos, or games), then Ad Manager is the platform for you.
- When you generate a large amount of your revenue from direct deals from buyers and wish to manage it more effectively, you should consider Ad Manager 360 as your ad management platform.
- If using third-party networks to compete for your ad inventory has been creeping in as part of your expansion plans, then a look at Ad Manager 360 could ease the transition here.
- Ad Manager 360 provides highly complex reports, which allows you to gain the best quality of data for decision making.
Ad Manager 360 has what seems to be an unrivaled amount of benefits. This is in comparison to many other ad management platforms out there. Therefore, it is a worthwhile task to evaluate the migration of your management platform. Consider the move to a more holistic offering for more insight and control than potentially any other in the market.
So what’s the verdict?
Given that each journey in the ad monetization space is different, different tools will apply to different levels of users. It becomes challenging to provide a holistic answer as to which is better or which is worse. Both AdMob and Ad Manager 360 have unique benefits, mainly based on the size of your ad business.
If you’re a bigger-scale publisher with multiple inventory types, the overall consensus would be that Ad Manager 360 would be the better of the two platforms. However, with AdMob geared explicitly towards mobile developers seeking to monetize their apps, the usability of AdMob is somewhat limited to a specific niche in the market.
It’s a difficult question to answer. You’ll find that the answer depends entirely on your objectives and where you as a publisher are in your journey. However, as experts in this industry, we can guide you further by understanding your specific goals and vision.
We hope that you’ve found this read to be a fruitful one, and if you wish to delve deeper into the fascinating world of monetization of your platform, be sure to contact us here.