DoubleClick For Publisher is a type of adserver created to help the publisher sell the site inventory to Ad exchanges or run the ads on their site by directly reaching out to advertiser/Agency.
There are two main types of DFP account exist in the market, most of the times beginner get confused which one to choose because one is free and another is paid. If you don’t have that much functionality requirement then you might waste money on necessary functionality.
So What is the difference between DFP Small business and DFP premium? And Which one should Choose?
DFP Small Business:
DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP) Small Business is a free ad management solution that helps growing publishers sell, schedule, deliver, and measure all of their digital ad inventory.
With a simple interface, rich feature set, built-in revenue optimization, and Google-powered ad delivery, you’ll be quickly on your way to maximizing the value of your ad impressions.
- Cost of Setup : Free , You just need Google AdSense Account
- Minimum Monthly Impression Requirement: NONE
- Master Companion Setup Support: NO
- Ad Sense support : YES
- Ad Exchange Support: NO
- Ad Unit Hierarchy: Upto 2 Level i.e Parent and Child
- Exchange Bidding: Not Avaiable (Exchange Bidding is Similar to Header Bidding Only Less Coding required )
- Line Item Type Hierarchy: Up to 7 Level which include (Sponsorship,Standard etc)
- Exclusive Ads with Impression Target Support:No
- No Of Line Item, Creatives,Targeting,Placement Limit: Yes
DFP Small Business Impression Serving Limit – CountryWise
- For USA, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand : 90 million impressions per month to non-video ad units
- For Russian Federation, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Greece, Slovenia, Lithuania, Romania, Poland, Ukraine, Hungary, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cyprus, Kenya, Morocco, Estonia, Latvia, Bulgaria, Turkey, Lebanon, Israel, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, South Africa, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Columbia, Guatemala, Uruguay, Peru, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Korea, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Pakistan, Thailand, Philippines, China, Vietnam, Bangladesh, or Sri Lanka
200 million impressions per month to non-video ad units
- For not located in any of the countries listed in the preceding clauses
150 million impressions per month to non-video ad units
- For Video advertisement : 800,000 impressions per month
Total line items
|Line items per order||450|
|Creatives per line item||260|
Targeted criteria per line item
Active key-value pairs
Ad units per placement
Active keys (pre-defined & free-form)
Ad units per exclusion rule
Those publisher or publisher network which has inventory in millions and wants to sell their inventory directly to the advertiser via Programmatic or direct need to use this feature.
- Cost of Setup : Depend upon the requirement and feature needed
- Minimum Monthly Impression Requirement: 90 Million ad impression/Month (This doesnt Include Adx/Adsense)
- Master Companion Setup Support: Yes
- Ad Sense support : YES
- Ad Exchange Support: Yes
- Line Item Type Hierarchy: More 7 Level which include (Sponsorship,Standard,Adx)
- Exclusive Ads with Impression Target Support:Yes (Option provided To deliver Minimum Number of Impressions AFAP then it will goes back to normal Standard Delievery )
To get the DFP premium Account you may need to contact DFP sales team and based on your requirement pricing may vary.
Here is the basic pricing model For DFP premium, It may vary based on the requirement and we got this pricing a few years back so it will be different since DFP added various functionality. As a reference follow
DFP Premium Pricing
Fee Scheduled for Traditional ad-serving and related features
|CPM Standard Ad impressions (ad Impression/Month)||Rate (USD)|
|0- 90 Millions||0|
|90 Millions – 150 Millions||0.0167|
|150 Millions -200 Millions||0.0167|
|200 Millions – 500 Millions||0.014|
|500 Millions – 1 Billions||0.01|
|1 Billions – 3 Billions||0.0075|
|Greater than 3 Billions||0.0065|
For additional Requirement such as video ads or Click ads below are the terms and conditions and pricing
- Video Ads that are uploaded by Company shouldn’t exceed the limit of 30 Mb
- No Additional Charges will be applied if Company Upload the video on their FTP and provide the link in DFP also No charges will be applied if video ad is serving via Adsense or Ad exchange.
- Video rates are applied on CPM basis
|0 – 800,000||0|
|Greater than 800,000||0.17|
Additional Fees For Click
|0 – 300,000||0|
|300,001 – 500,001||0.01|
|Greater Than 500,001||0.01|